Lilly Pulitzer Fall/Holiday 2009 Stationery & Gifts Preview

Hello-Hello, and happy Thursday!

Has anyone melted into a little puddle with the high temps and almost-as-high humidity? Does everyone have regional phrases when it gets like this? A classic in The Great Midwest is rather coarse, but we’re claiming a pickled brain today so here it is: “It’s not the heat, it’s the stupidity.” What are some of the local comments you are fond of when meteorological circumstances hit these extremes?

Next… we do a 180-degree turn to engage in the publication of this completely commercial message from the Prepatorium.

Yes, despite the weather outside, it is time for TP to think fall and winter and holidaze holidays! Believe it or not, we shall soon be getting new Lilly Pulitzer Stationery and Gift merchandise into the shoppe.

PreppyPrincess.com

Above, Fa La Lilly and Berry, the new gift wrap patterns. There are also two different ornament sets, along with Fireplace Matches in two patterns.

The new Note Card sets are outstanding, we especially love the updated Dress Notecard designs. (BTW, our stock of Dress Notecards is down to 8 or 9, and that’s it, the end, as a new group of shift dress patterns is being introduced.)

PreppyPrincess.com

While we don’t yet have the images, there are also several patterns of Imprintable Holiday Cards that we think you will find irresistible.

New for the Collection? Thermal mugs, something we desperately need here at the Prepatorium. (Not that anyone ever knocks anything over. On the desk. Or the Keyboard.)

Those who bake will love the next addition to the Lilly line: cookie cutters.

We are already planning on these as the ideal gift for a number of friends.

Now, regular readers are aware of our annual struggle, always involving two irreconcilable beliefs:

1. The entire merchandising and marketing of the season is out of control, a horrid practice that has moved so far beyond commercial tackiness it defies description;
  2. The petulant capitalist query: “Why are they not doing a better job executing holiday marketing strategies?”

Clearly we never get these dueling concerns in sync. We never will. But as a merchant (ooooh, that has such a rugged, un-Princess-like sound, doesn’t it?) it would be deceitful to say we don’t enjoy sharing new things with everyone, as we do. We find it an utterly delightful way of spending time.

Perfect for any season IOHO, having a little Lilly on hand for the cocktail hour is a plus, no matter what we’re celebrating!

Possibly the item we have been hoping for the most….? A Lilly Pulitzer  Calendar! Yes, we are more-than-gaga for the 2010 Wall Calendar seen below right….

Not to mention the desktop Calendars we’ll soon have available, they are absolutely wonderful as well; there are also Planning Agendas in both standard and pocket sizes.

Knowing how popular the Lilly Activity Book for Minnies is, we expect the paper dolls (below left) to also be in high demand.

And did you see the Magnet Board on the right in the picture above? We get so many requests for these, we’re ecstatic to see them!

Ordering for the new Collection will be done much as we did the initial Lilly launch: we will start taking pre-orders on July 8th, possibly sooner if at all possible. A pre-order means that once we receive our shipment of goodies from the Lilly folks, your merchandise is shipped first.  You are not charged *until* your order is filled, it is rather akin to reserving one’s items. We plan on sending out the first shipments to our customers at the very end of July, or the first week in August.

Another way to stay on top of all things Lilly here at the Palace, sign up for our Lilly Pulitzer email list at Preppy Princess. (Scroll down and it is on the bottom of the righthand column.) Not to worry about privacy if one should elect to sign up, we never (never, ever) give anyone your information, we are what you might call hypersensitive to that sort of thing.

This in no way covers the gamut of new products for the line, nor does it include the *new* line of paper goods we are adding to the mix later this week or early next week. We’ll be a horrid little human, merely saying everything has a Nantucket theme!

Thanks for popping in dollfaces, we do love spending time with you! Have a simply terrific afternoon and evening!

20 Comments on Lilly Pulitzer Fall/Holiday 2009 Stationery & Gifts Preview

1. Clare Brown
    June 25, 2009 at 7:21 pm (5 years ago)

Oh my word! I am so excited I found your blog! This is gorgeous! I love it!

Cheers!

2. Mrs. Realife
    June 25, 2009 at 7:34 pm (5 years ago)

LOVE LOVE LOVE the dress stationary… just as soon as I’m at my own desk, I’m ordering a box :)

3. Mrs. Newlywed
    June 25, 2009 at 7:42 pm (5 years ago)

Those are adorable!

I am most excited about the planners which I *hope* aren’t too over the top but rather subtle Lilly…and of course, those shakers!

It is quite lovely.

4. LPC
    June 25, 2009 at 7:51 pm (5 years ago)

Mmmmm. Giftwrap. My all time favorite.

5. charlotte
    June 25, 2009 at 10:27 pm (5 years ago)

Your posts always temp me to shop! Love everything :)

6. Gina
    June 25, 2009 at 10:46 pm (5 years ago)

So loving all of it!!! I am hoping I actually get one of those crowns to wear for my birthday this year…being surrounded by boys I need to be a little girly!!

7. Muffy Martini
    June 25, 2009 at 11:01 pm (5 years ago)

OBSESSED! I want it all! Can’t wait until you have them!

8. Prep in the Big Apple
    June 25, 2009 at 6:54 pm (5 years ago)

Lilly thermal mug, cocktail shaker, AND cookie cutters? Heaven!

9. VictoriaM
    June 26, 2009 at 1:55 am (5 years ago)

Thank you for an absolutely divine lay out; I am in ecstasy! So appreciated! Adore it all. And as for weather here in Boston we refer to everything as a Nor’easter which serves as a disclaimer and sounds like something to do with boats. Which one does not question. Boats are sacred. And of course we own the saying “If you don’t like the weather here just wait a minute”

10. Prep School 101
    June 25, 2009 at 7:10 pm (5 years ago)

I am loving all the great things for kids – especially those cookie cutters. My daughter is going to love those!

Happy Thursday!
    Jennifer

11. Daisy
    June 25, 2009 at 7:22 pm (5 years ago)

If Lilly makes an agenda book that means that I would then have to choose between my Kate Spade agenda (red canvas with a hot pink & gold leather clasp and liner, interior navy & white stripes) and *that* is simply unacceptable. Please Lilly, leave the agendas to Kate and she’ll leave the shifts to you!

Sniff sniff.

12. GingerSnap
    June 26, 2009 at 2:23 am (5 years ago)

I am already imagining a pink & green christmas with those darling cookie cutters!

13. a.
    June 25, 2009 at 8:03 pm (5 years ago)

Cute! Cute! Cute!

14. Jen
    June 25, 2009 at 10:42 pm (5 years ago)

I want the thermal mugs and cocktail shaker now, please! I’m having the book club gals over mid July and the shaker would be oh so cool. Sounds like I can’t get it in time. But, will be on the look out for it when it comes in. The only problem with your blog is that now I am wanting to start buying things constantly. Suppose that’s the point, but not good for the pocket book.
    Received the flip flops for my friend’s b-day but you have them so adorably wrapped up that I haven’t looked at them yet. Will be giving them to her this weekend. Can’t wait to see them!

15. Kate
    June 26, 2009 at 4:43 pm (5 years ago)

I am so excited for the elephant cookie cutter! AHHH YAY

16. The Pink Tutu
    June 26, 2009 at 7:03 pm (5 years ago)

I am most excited about the calendar! I am redoing my cubicle at work and will definitely need many of these items. P.S. I don’t think we have a regional saying for the heat down here in Fla., but my boyfriend likes to say, “It’s toasty.” He’s a silly one. :)

17. Legallyblondemel
    June 26, 2009 at 9:07 pm (5 years ago)

Those cocktail shakers are darling! Love the fun patterns.

By the way, I received & just love my TP flip-flops. They really are both comfortable and cute!

18. TCP
    June 26, 2009 at 10:23 pm (5 years ago)

While I have been known to usher in the holiday season a wee bit early, this year might be even worse with such cute Lilly paraphenalia! Love, love, love it!!

19. Little Bow Prep
    June 27, 2009 at 1:09 am (5 years ago)

So much cute pink and green!

20. Hopsy
    June 27, 2009 at 10:45 am (5 years ago)

Ohhh! I posted these photos a few weeks back too. Everything is beyond divine and I cannot wait to stock up on it all!